We understand that Digidesign doesn't officially support RAID drives. But the reason that the GT 062 and GT 062E work with Pro Tools is because they are hardware RAID products, and they show up to the computer as a single drive. Pro Tools can't tell that they are a RAID. It is true that Pro Tools will NOT work on software RAID drives (using Disk Utility on the Mac or some other utility to stripe or mirror drives). We have done extensive testing with the GT 062 and GT 062E and are sure they work well with Pro Tools.
Articles in this section
- Do I need RAID software to use the GT 062E?
- The LED flashes red on my GT 062E when I power it on. Is this a problem?
- Why does Glyph claim the GT 062 and GT 062E work with Pro Tools when Digidesign doesn't support RAID drives?
- I am using Windows 2000 and/or XP 32-bit and my volume is bigger than 2TB. Why does my GT 062E not show up correctly?
- On Windows, during GT 062E power on, why does Glyph Manager report that the array has failed?
- My GT 062E does not show up correctly in Windows while connected via eSATA (3TB or 4TB only).
- 2TB Disk Size limit with older versions of Pro Tools (ver 8 and lower)