Older versions of Windows, such as 2000 and XP 32-bit, use Master Boot Record which doesn't support volumes larger than 2TB. When the total capacity of the RAID is 2TB or higher, you must format the array using GPT in Windows. GPT format is only supported by Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X. GPT format will not work with XP 32-bit or older Windows operating systems. If you want to use Windows 2000 and/or XP 32-bit, you'll need to run the GT 062E in RAID 1 mode because RAID 1 creates a usable volume that is half the total capacity (1.5TB for the 3TB, and 2TB for the 4TB).
Articles in this section
- Do I need RAID software to use the GT 062E?
- The LED flashes red on my GT 062E when I power it on. Is this a problem?
- Why does Glyph claim the GT 062 and GT 062E work with Pro Tools when Digidesign doesn't support RAID drives?
- I am using Windows 2000 and/or XP 32-bit and my volume is bigger than 2TB. Why does my GT 062E not show up correctly?
- On Windows, during GT 062E power on, why does Glyph Manager report that the array has failed?
- My GT 062E does not show up correctly in Windows while connected via eSATA (3TB or 4TB only).
- 2TB Disk Size limit with older versions of Pro Tools (ver 8 and lower)